1.5K views

They lied and stated the were from excelsior college and I was enrolling in the college and I would recieve my textbooks included in the cost of tuition. It has been years I have paid $140 a month for their worthless "books" not the college and I still owe over $4,000!

This guy came to my house and made all kinds of promises like I would recieve a tutor and such. They should be held accountable for all the people they ripped off and for claining they were from Excelsior!

A good story can only last so long! They should be out of business!

Comments

Denver, Colorado, United States #1222401

This is the worst mistake i have made. I am single mother struggling and have been paying these high payments for couple of years.

I can't get out of the loan and have no reason to conitnue with them. They do not offer any other programs that i would be interested in. I have made several attempts to stop this loan with no success. I am stuck and having to choose between food and paying these payments.

I can't afford to have this on my credit either. If anyone can help I would greatly appricaite it....

what do we do? I have gotten Massachusetts atorney general involved..need more backing.

Alexandria, Louisiana, United States #943230

SCAM!!!! Need to be sued!!!

Never thought I could be scammed until College Network had someone come and scam me good!!

Yes, they are scammers. Bad choice don't sign with them.

Without a doubt The College Network was the worst (and most expensive) mistake I've ever made. I wanted to work on my BSN and "thought" this was a good way to start.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! A representative from College Network came to my home, gave his sales pitch, then gave me the "act now" speech to get started. Well I fell for it like an ***. He gave me my 1st book to study, had me sign the finance papers, and left.

When I started getting struck on things I called for help. The only thing I got was the "you can do it" pep talk. As a result, I failed and never used the system. That was in 2007 and today (in 2014) I'm still paying on the loan and still owe $2500.00.

They've even sold my account to a different financial group twice.

We moved to Florida where my company is now paying for my BSN at a much cheaper rate. I would NEVER RECOMMEND College Network to anyone, especially the school I was originally getting my degree from.

to TomR Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #817767

Mr. Rakes,

According to our records our Customer Support team has helped you satisfactorily on numerous occasions.

We do not have any records to indicate you have completed an exam using our materials, but we would be happy to address any perceived shortcomings.

Our learning materials are prepared by PhD-qualified authors, college and university professors, and subject matter experts in many fields of study. We are constantly working to improve our products and services to accommodate the needs of adult and distance learners.

Many customers have had success using our materials and we believe with our assistance you can as well. To see stories from successful customers who we have assisted over the years, please visit YouTube® and enter the keywords “College Network.” These individuals have demonstrated that with hard work and dedication, anyone can achieve their goals.

We would be more than happy to help you take advantage of your purchase. If the program you purchased no longer suits your academic needs, we may have another educational study program you can complete to help advance your career.

We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your program and to have you as a satisfied customer. Please contact Customer Support at 1-800-634-1443.

Cleveland, Ohio, United States #780078

Ohio law suit against The College Network. Please, contact me at ginas@clevelandconsumerlaw.com

to Anonymous Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #783070

Dear Gina,

We are unable to identify you with the information contained in your post; therefore, it is difficult to address your concerns without being able to review your account history.

Your purchase continues to carry a lifetime guarantee, and our support staff is here to assist you along the way.

To see stories from some of the successful customers we have assisted over the years, please visit YouTube® and enter the keywords “College Network.” These individuals have demonstrated that with hard work and dedication anyone can achieve their goals.

I signed up and found out i made a mistake, so i just paid and went back to a college that was not online. I now graduate in December 2013 :) , if you can get out before the deadline do it, if not call the Better Business Bureau they may be able to help you

to LPNMO #759761

Dear Customer,

Even though you state you have not used your program, we would be more than happy to help you take advantage of your purchase. If the program you purchased no longer suits your academic needs, we may have another educational study program you can complete to help advance your career. Your purchase continues to carry the lifetime guarantee, and our support staff is here to assist you along the way.

To see stories from successful customers we have assisted over the years, please visit YouTube® and enter the keywords “College Network.” These individuals have demonstrated that with hard work and dedication anyone can achieve their goals.

Please contact Customer Support at 1-800-634-1443.

Brownsville, Texas, United States #742727

im in the same situation as you all, ive been turned into collections because i refuse to continue to pay BUT i have not even started the courses or anything! my concern is being able to sit for nclex, i dont want to pay and then have troubles being hired somewhere because its not accredited or some other problems! id really appreciate help, i wanna contact an attorney to see if i could fight it, i dont need my money back, i just want to stop paying if its not going to be worth it!

to lisanmuniz #759759

Ms. Muniz,

You may currently utilize your educational study program to earn your degree through Excelsior and sit for the NCLEX in your state. We are unable to foresee what the future may hold, but we welcome the opportunity to assist you with starting your courses as offered when we spoke to you in November.

We help people begin their educational programs every day and feel that planning and support can go a long way in helping you get where you want to be. We have trained Academic Advisors ready to assist you with planning your studies and determining how best to divide the material over manageable study sessions. Once you’ve experienced some success using your program, we feel that you will be glad that you decided to advance your education through distance learning.

Please contact Customer Support at 1-800-634-1443. We’re here to help!

I have tried to stop paying these people and they tell me I have to pay the entire fee even if I stop the classes. i am paying for something that I am getting nothing for!! Please help me find a way to stop this $130.00 waste of money!!!!

to anonymous Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #708188

I been looking at College Network the last 5 years and I found a that I can take 4 challenge exams of the RN program to get into the online program at Indiana State University and I have currently signed on with the network and studying for the exams.

I know how you feel but so far not no problems but I have no time to study,

Good Luck all you LPNs we deserve everything :zzz

Vero Beach, Florida, United States #688375

I have seen all of these old comments and are wondering if anyone has had any luvk with canceling college Network ? this is such BS the stuff thats being promised and then were stuck paying into something we want no part of .I am reading all of these comments and feel as tho I am reading ,my own .. I want out so that I can move on

I have been enrolled with TCN for alittle over a year now and have finished one class. When I call for help I get a run around, there is no tutors and they refer me to www.

addresses that anyone can look up. Im frustrated as *** but if I stop paying I dont want my credit to go bad..

I am in the same boat, this advisor guy came to my school about a month before graduating LPN school, out said all these wonderful things,of course we all wanted to get our RN, the courses are awful and the "advisors" are horrible. The company I work for is paying to send me to school so I tried yet again to cancel ect, she kept feeding me this life long commitment stuff...at the end of the day im paying 6,000 for NOTHING...they wont give a penny back and you dont need them to get into exelsior..despite what they say that rep told us they worked together and we needed them to get in...but after speaking with excelsior myself....THEY DONT...its a huge scam and a large waste of money...please please...dont fall into the same trap that myself and 5 other classmates fell into!!!!

to Dont do it Venango, Pennsylvania, United States #676411

Hi Im in the same boat as you just wondering if you know if there is a class action law suit because i think we all could make on!!!

to Anonymous #943768

If there is a law suit going on, please let me know. Too many students have been scammed, and that's how they make their money.

They have an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau!!!!!

Call Better Business Bureau in Indianapolis. They will tell you.