2.7K views

Hello,

I am new to this site. I read most of the comments about The College Network.

Has anybody even tried filing a lawsuit agains TCN?

Has anybody successfully gotten a refund by filing a complaint through Dept. of Consumer Affairs?

Please let me know.

I am so far successful with most of my courses. I just found out that I am paying so much for something that I do not have to pay for besides actually taking the exam.

I am looking forward to your replies. I am going to attempt to get my money back for this.

Sam

Comments

I tried filing small claim but out of state could not file. I have been getting run around each time called TCN

Hey everyone there may be hope for us yet. I just found out that the New York attorney general reached a settlement with Southeast Financial Credit union to pay out 2.25 million to nurses in New York who lost money with TCN.

Apparently under federal law Southeast Financial Credit Union is equally liable for the financial losses caused by TCN. I'll attach the article. Write to the attorney General in your state to go after Southeast Financial Credit union for your money. If you are in California you can claim up to 10k in small claims court; tale Southeast Financial Credit union to small claims.

Attached is the article.Let's get our money before Southeast Financial files for bankruptcy . :https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-schneiderman-announces-settlement-credit-union-financed-phony-academic-services.

to Sarah #1528670

Thank you for the info!!! I've been struggling for months/years to at very least get my exam fees returned, and they don't even respond to my emails.

I would like to refund my money as well.

#1520797

Maybe a lawyer should file lawsuits against the financial institutions that gave loans, I am sure they were in on the scam.

Has anyone ever filed a complaint in NH against The College Network? I too signed up and pay monthly for the LPN to RN program and have wasted my money!

I'm down to one payment of 8000.00 to We Florida Financial , and I'm not able to use this mess. I want in on lawsuit actions.

I could have been giving this to Nelnet. Oh, now I can't log in to the site.

If they filed for bankruptcy, shouldn't our accounts be stopped? Or is it because they sold our loan off they get off without consequences and we have to continue to pay????

I've taken five classes with Excelsior and not used college networks "study material" for one. It's not helpful and I can't get ahold of the company so I gave up with them, but continue to pay $180 a month with a 15% I test the last 5 years.

Worst mistake I've ever made. Horrible scam.

TCN has ceased operations and filed bankruptcy. I have contacted the BBB back in 2016, but TCN attorney never replied, I have also contacted the Indiana Attorney General and she informed be that there was a class action lawsuit but back in 2016 it was to early to tell who would be included in it. Since they have now filed bankruptcy, there will be no chance of getting any refund.

I'm interested in Class Action Suit against The College Network. I am paying $9000 to Southeast Financial Credit Union.

Ibwas taken to court by tcn and lost and now pay out of every check the 10000 I reportedly owe them for absolutely nothing.

I have every reciept and book. I don't appriaciate being taken ADVANTAGE OF BY CON ARTIST..PISSEDMORGANSMITHRN1@GMAIL.COM. I WANT MONEY BACK PLUS SOME FOR THE CRIME

I am very interested in a lawsuit against the college network. They stole more than $10,000 from me. If anyone has any suggestions, advice, or starting a class action lawsuit against them, please let me know.emily.kennedy92@icloud.com

to Emily #1459757

Has anything become of this? Is anyone still filing lawsuits?

I paid close to $10,000 not knowing that they were not affiliated with Excelsior and I don't know where to go from here I don't know if I should even attempt to begin his glasses or chalk it up as a loss. I would like to personally get involved in a lawsuit so that this doesn't happen to other people. Can someone please update me as to what they are doing about their situations?

email. Lpnamie@ hotmail.com please

to Emily #1460263

Class action I don't believe you get MUCH back. I am very upset. 10,000.00 plus

If anyone else is filling a lawsuit, I am interested on joining a lawsuit against college network.

Is anyone filing a class action lawsuit? I haven’t received anything from them besides the first book and have to pay or else they’ll report me to credit bureau.

to Vanessa Da Cruz #1461460

you have to contact them for other books as you get through the course. Be prepared to buy extra books because they tend to not cover everything you need to pass it. Pay attention to Excelsior's study guides.

So did anyone start a class action suit against College network? I paid for all the testing in advance and I am no longer going to be able to complete the course.

So I requested my testing fees back as I am not taking the exams.

Which is clearly my money not theirs because If I take the exam I have to pay again and then they mail me a check How messed up is that. So I would at least like to recover my testing fees.

amy.gross1967_58

Hello:I too, was scammed by TCN out of a great deal of money. It makes me sick to even think of it.

Maybe I was stupid, but I found nothing bad about TCN when I was looking into it. I just want my money back.

I wrote to the attorney general of Indiana and they told me that the class action law suit will be resolved, but there isn't enough assets remaining for consumer restitution. They went on to say I should discuss my concerns with private council.I would be interested in joining a lawsuit, or if there is an attorney that would take my case, to talk to them.Thank-You