Well I too fell for the college network scam, I am going to file a complaint to the attorney generals office within the next couple of days, If you sign up for this program you will not be able to pass the exams with the materials that you buy from the college network, they are scamming hard working people out of their money with their false promises, do not sign on the dotted lines! I just signed up for this a couple of months ago, they say I owe the 10k, I will not be paying them another dime if I have to file bankruptcy on them, although I really hat e to do that because I have worked very hard to establish good credit, but I cannot just pay $200 a month for the next 5 years for absolutly nothing!

Product or Service Mentioned: The College Network Program.

Comments

I was scammed by TCN for $7,000. I had to pay it to keep it off my records.

Is there a law suit going. I will like to be a part of it.

to Tomekia Smith #1459381

Please contact me Tomekia Smith @ teka38769@gmail.com

to Tomekia Smith #1460271

You didn't have to pay. Chamber of commerce would have taken care of it. You don't pay once you know it's a scam

to Teresa #1461522

How do you not pay? And where at chamber of commerce? I was told by the attorney general I’d have to get my own attorney.

Artesia, New Mexico, United States #580333

Call the College Network at 1800-39LEARN and ask for Bernard Schroeder. He handles complaints.

There are review board meetings montly, I contacted my congressman a few months ago to get the ball rolling. I've been told they would credit my wifes account $5900, we owed $5000. So where is that extra $900? Vanished into thin air.

Then we were told we wouldn't be charged in December, though we were. Leave message after message for Bernie, you will have to ask the receptionist for him once you call that number. He will never give out his direct line. His office is in Las Vegas, though College Network is in Indiana I think.

CALL HIM!!!! I promise you, he will not answer calls, you must leave messages! Took 3 weeks to reach him, but he will get tired of the messages and eventually respond. If they are right, and this time it's not a lie, my wifes loan is done with,.

they credited back $5000 so we are at a $0 balance (I hope).

Call Bernie asap. Good luck Timbowski79@yahoo.com

cleanslate74
to Timbowski Lillington, North Carolina, United States #631008

Hey, I have had huge issues with them as well, shortly after I signed up, I found out they were NOT accredited, so I just went to a community college instead. The guy that signed me up,(which came out to my house) told me I have 90 days to discontinue, so I called,3 weeks after I signed up, they said it could NOT be canceled.

I never used any of there class/materials. The "payments" were set up through SE financial CU,for 5,995.00 It has Now ruined my credit. They called 1 time to try to get me to pay. I told them No, I never used the service.

They said it was just like a car loan. The "school" was already paid, they were a second party. I responded with ok, then so Since the school has been paid, then I can resume taking the classes at anytime, They said NO I could not. Needless to say, I feel College Network is a scam, and so is the SE Financial CU.

I feel they should credit the money back to SE Financial since I did not take Any hours with them. I don't Know how to handle this, any help??

I am interested! I've been having issues with the college network as well and need some advice.

I'll try to keep it short! I am locked into a contract with them. I signed up a year ago. Since then, my husband has left me and my kids and now I am solely responsible for all finances.

They, TCN, takes $300 out of my account each month... there are some months I can't get groceries. Is there anything in the contract about life changing events? If I went anywhere else to get a $15,000 loan, I would be told my debt to income was too much, so how can they do it???

Dealing with them on the phone is horrible too!! I've even considered just closing the account??

Thanks, any advice is appreciated! My email is debkolak@gmail.com

to Debi #1466471

Pay the stop payment fee at your bank it will stop the automatic WDs .Call your AG

Thanks, any advice is appreciated! My email is debkolak@gmail.com

I also was sucked into this scam. I currently work at an OB Gyn office and was told how this program was so great ,I did my research and listen to the mans (car salesman speal) I believed and trusted him biggest mistake as well as a very costly mistake!

There program is set up for failure. I would like to tell the people who indicate I needed to get off my self loathing pitty pot, I have been in the nursing field for 13 years passed my LPN with honors furthermore I studied every night as well as my lunch breaks the material provided does not in able you to even remotely begin to prepare for an exam it is poorly presented and insufficient ! I had two young co workers who where interested in this program I told them not to waste there hard earned money go to a community college they offer on line clssses and are accredited .

Don't waste your time or your money!!! We borrowed against our retirement to pay off this credit union Loan and have nothing but disappointment to show for it..

tnnurse01

I am currently being sued by TCN debt collector. I put a stop payment on my account after I found out that I was not a student of "Excelsior" that TCN has no partner universities and is not associated or affiliated with any college or university as the sales rep told me!

That they are not an accredited school and they are nothing more than a low class publishing company that can't even produce quality material regarding their over priced 3 ring binders that are $500 dollars ea, that you or anyone else can purchase on ebay or craigslist for that matter! Southeastern Financial is also owned and founded by the same person as TCN!.... leads you to believe this is the greatest scheme ever! DONT Sign with them...

my court date is next week! I am being sued for approx $6000 dollars and all I ever recd from them was (1) cheap three ring binder.... seriously pissed. Contact your BBB in your area and file a complaint, also contact your Attorneys General Office...

I will keep all posted on how my court trial goes... 8)

ccurry037
to tnnurse01 Sacramento, California, United States #693451

How did it go with your court date I'm also being sued, I also put stop payment on my checking account an I've een served with papers yesterday, I need help please email at ccurry037@hotmail.com

to tnnurse01 Opelousas, Louisiana, United States #885462

I'm also being sued. Does anyone has any solution to this?

Any advice? I see I'm not the only one whom this is happening to.

Any help is appreciated.email me Thanks. ..naomiclark1978@gmail.com

to Anonymous Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #887393

Ms. Clark,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Someone will be contacting you within 48 hours to address your concerns.

If you have any questions in the interim, please contact us at 1-800-634-1443.

Thanks and have a good day!

Academic Support

GolferMan

My wife registered for the LVN to RN Program and found the materials and lesson plans to be quite effective. She performed all the readings, watched all the video lessons and passed her State Board test on the first try.

Why did this work for my wife and not the others who are complaining is because my wife did the work, read the materials and actively participated in the lesson plans. She did what was expected unlike the rest of you lazy losers who expect to get something for nothing.

Get off your *** pot and do something productive with your lives and stop complaining because you are too lazy to put forth an effort........ 291ced3

I am on the same situation of trying to get out of this scam. Pls. help me what to do.

madascrap

Well I have contacted TCN and they are reviewing my complaint, supposidly, I had to wait two weeks for them to send me information on how to file a complaint with their review committee. I faxed my complaint about 3 days after I recieved the letter, now I am just waiting to see how, or if, they will respond.

I called the finance company, which for my loan it was southeast financial company, and told them that I was not going to pay because i am currently trying to get out of my contract with TCN and that they are reviewing my complaint, they didn't argue with me, but I don't know how long they will wait for a payment. I also went to my bank and put a stop payment on TCN to prevent them from automatically withdrawing money from my account,this costed $30.00, but that's better then the $196 that TCN would be taking from me, If I do not hear anything else from TCN in the next couple of weeks I will be seeking a lawyer to see what can be done.

So far no one from TCN has attempted to contact me, so I am pretty much just left here hanging. I will also be contacting the attorney general of my state and Indiana state if I do not get out of this contract.

madascrap

Well i have heard of them making this thret before and I do not see how a publishing company can take anyones lpn/lvn license. The board of nursing could probably answer this better, but TCN does not even have a school code becuase they are not a school, I believe if they were allowed to do this to people then there would be a lot of nurses loose their licenses and thats obserd, you have not done anything to question your ability to practice as a lvn, and also what about so many others that have not paid?

Did they loose their license as well? I don't think so, that would be like getting your license takin for not paying a car payment.

#519598

I just got a call from a collection agent for Oak Rock bank, the ones who gave me the lone for the college network, and they threatened to report me to the ethics committee which is grounds for me to lose my LVN license. If I am correct, as long as it is not a federal student loan, they can't do that, right?

Hello, I too have fallen for the scam!! Please let me know if you find out anything that I can do to get out of this mess. They take 250$ fr my account every month and I am struggling desperately just to

Get by.